1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift wrap..like brown paper bags or craft paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Always had real tree growing up and after we were married continued the tradition of cutting down a fresh tree every year until the kids moved away. The year I worked retail at Christmas I did not have time to do anything to enjoy Christmas and we ended up with a discounted pencil pre-lit Christmas tree. Now I just decorate it and push it into the center of the picture window. After Christmas I undecorate it and push it back into a corner of the living room.
3. When do you put up the tree? In the past it was always one to two weeks before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? When we get around to it. Sometimes not until the end of January.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but not the calories!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Tiny Thumbalina I still have her and special clothes that Aunt Esther knit for her. Stocking hat, mittens, shirt & jacket, skirt, booties and even a knit diaper.
7. Hardest person to buy for? It used to be my Dad but now it is my husband. Men are always hard to buy for.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom or daughter, Kira. They love everything.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Ceramic, hand painted it myself with 3 coats of underglaze and then clear glazed while my husband was in Turkey in the summer of 1978.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail but I don't send many. Sometimes I personally hand them out at church to friends.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember anything. I am sure it was something at a gift exchange at a party.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'm thinking.......
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after for the next year and all year long, especially on vacations.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Italian Christmas cookies, (Chocolate meatballs)
16. Lights on the tree? clear. But I really like Kira and CJ's tree last year with the blue lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Joseph's Song especially when my husband sings it.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Growing up we always had to visit my dad's family on Christmas day in Utica. I never really knew them very well. I hated to leave my toys and stuff at home but was obligated to go to their house to visit. SO I did not want to do that to my kids. One year we traveled from Kansas to New York on a whim at the last minute. It was a great adventure. Mom and Dad did not know we were coming and we walked in Christmas eve. None of our presents were wraped so mom and I wrapped them all night to get them done for the morning. Tired but fun.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I thinks so., Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen oops almost forgot VIXEN.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Again growing up we had an angel. Now we have a star. I have my parents original angel but don't put it on the tree.
21 Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, unless there is a conflict. But I prefer to open them in the morning. It is more traditional for me.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People spazing about what to get everyone. and spending too much money.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like the Woodsy, Adirondack look to my tree and it's ornaments. However, it is hard to not use the traditional ornaments I have collected over the years. Ever ornament has special meaning. I don't like to just put them on if there is no meaning to what they represent or who gave it to me or a memory of some kind attached to it.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don't really remember making a big deal of Christmas dinner. It was not like Thanksgiving dinner. I guess, I like ham.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My family hanging out and laughing about good times.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? No one.
27.Who is least likely to respond to this? Everybody.