Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Toilet Paper Tube Binoculars

I made these simple binoculars to sell as an inexpensive impulse item at Kira's craft show that she had on Monday. I only made 3 pairs and was selling them for $1 each, and I sold them all!

I'm ready with my new binoculars! Looking for... sweater monsters! I heard there are some living in the Lyndonville area...


Materials & tools:
  • colored duct tape (I used green, but there are all sorts of cool colors and patterns offered nowadays! You can find colored duct tape in most craft stores. I saw some military camouflage patterned tape the other day that I think would be great! )
  • 2 toilet paper rolls
  • ribbon
  • hole punch
It's super easy! Just wrap the duct tape around the toilet paper rolls to cover the outside of each tube, then tape the two rolls together. Use a hole punch to punch a hole in each side and tie the ribbon onto the tubes. Voila! A quick and fast pair of toy Binoculars for your little explorers! This would be a great craft to accompany teaching little ones nature themed topics...like safari or bird watching!

"Oooooo I see something..."



I see adventure!..... a leopard...or wait...a cheetah! Shhhhh you will disturb it! Wait, what is a cheetah doing in my living room? :)

1 comment:

paper tubes said...

This is really great. Keep it up the good going. Really very great blog this has given me all the information that i needed, good for visiting daily it will increase our knowledge. Best luck for future.
paper tubes